-First off, I have to say that Bible Map 13 is confusing to me, so my answers may not be correct...
--Philippi
--Colosse
--Ephesus
--Rome
In Acts 16: 6-7, the Holy Ghost directed Paul not to go to Asia and Bithynia. In verse 9, Paul had a vision of a man in Macedonia that was asking him to come to Macedonia and help him. I find it interesting that the Holy Ghost directed Paul not to go to certain places. This shows me that Paul and those that were with him, were protected and kept safe through the Spirit. I also like that in verse 10 after Paul had the vision, he went straight away to Macedonia with faith that that was the place the Lord had called him to preach instead of tarrying or visiting other cities. In Acts 18: 9 and 10, the Lord appeared to Paul and directed him not to be afraid to preach and that he was with him. The Lord also told Paul that no one would hurt him and that there were many of His people in the city of Corinth.
In my life, I have found that the Spirit brings me to those that are ready or curious about the gospel. I have had many opportunities to share my beliefs with co-workers. It starts with a simple question and then usually turns into an in depth discussion. I remember one experience I had with a manager at the pool I was life-guarding. We were both sitting on a break and she turned to me asked a question about why most LDS members don't date until they are 16. 30 minutes later, we were talking about wards, singles wards, the word of wisdom, and the temple. I think I could be more directed by the Spirit if I listened more closely. I hate to admit this, but I am a chicken when it comes to the promptings of the Spirit to share my testimony with a non-member. I have not always acted on these promptings and so I think that I not only need to listen more intently to the Spirit but that I need to have the courage to act on those promptings.
2. Review Acts 16: 9-33. Make a list of the reasons Paul was able to preach the gospel so effectively. Then in writing answer the following questions.
-v. 9,10--immediately acted on the vision to go to Macedonia
-v. 9,10--had complete faith that Macedonia is where the Lord called him to teach
-v. 13,14--placed himself where those that needed to hear the gospel would be
-v. 25--even though Paul and Silas were imprisoned for their beliefs and "customs", they continued to pray and sing praises to the Lord
-v. 26-31--Paul was not afraid of the power of God
- In what ways did Paul turn his experiences into missionary opportunities?
- Paul took every opportunity to share the gospel in every place
- He taught all of those around him even if they were out to hurt him
- What can you learn from Paul's missionary experiences?
- I learned that even in the scariest of places like prison where death is almost certain, the Lord provides missionary experiences and blesses those that are faithful. I also learned that even those that seem like they would not except the gospel, like the jailer, can be converted.
- How is the jailer an example of a true convert?
- When there was the earthquake in the jail and the jailer was afraid, he did not ask Paul to save him, he asked but he could do to be saved.
- How does Mosiah 4: 9-10 expand your understanding of Acts 17: 30-31?
- We must not only repent of our sins but we must believe in God, his power, and wisdom; even if we do not understand it all the way.
- What can you do now to better prepare yourself to share the gospel, whether as a full time missionary or as a member?
- Like I said above, I need to listen more closely to the Spirit and its promptings.
- Pray for missionary opportunities.
- Not be afraid to share my testimony with others.
No comments:
Post a Comment