Friday, June 8, 2012

Comparing King Herod and Peter

I chose choice 6 for my student choice assignment. I am going to compare Herod, the King and Peter, the Prophet after reading Acts 12.
  • What motivates them?
    • King Herod- Pleasing the Jews (v. 3) and his own power--self centered and prideful
    • Peter-the Gospel, and his faith (v.11)--humble and Gospel centered
  • How did they deal with others?
    • King Herod-If he did not like someone or if they displeased him in any way, he would kill them
    • Peter-shared his testimony with others. Even though he had just escaped prison and death, he went to his brethren and shared his experience.
  • How did God deal with them?
    • King Herod-the angel of the Lord killed him, "he was eaten up by worms" (v.23)
    • Peter-an angel of the Lord freed him from prison and protected him
I think it is interesting that King Herod got what he paid for in that he would kill anyone that crossed him, and yet he was killed for crossing God.  I also see that if you have faith or are living the principles of the Gospel, the Lord will bless you and even make seemingly impossible things, possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment