On that note, here are my choices:
UNIT ONE: Choice 1: 1 Corinthians 4:2,9-17; 8:9-13.The Impact of Example
Write what is required of the servants of the Lord according to 1 Corinthians 4:2. Read 1 Corinthians 4: 9-17 and name the group specifically selected to be examples. How does being a good example apply to more than this group? Read Alma 39: 11-12 and explain why it is not enough just to know what is right. Read 3Nephi 8:1 and describe what additional power comes to those who live what they know.
According to 1 Corinthians 4:2 it is required of the servants of the Lord to be found faithful. The group specifically selected to be examples are the apostles. I think that being a good example applies to more than this group because the Lord is not going to redeem only them, he suffered so ALL could live again and be atoned for. Yes, it is great that we have such good examples as the apostles but we also need to follow their direction and try to be examples for ourselves because who knows who is looking to you for guidance. It is not enough to know what is right because as the saying goes, "actions speak louder than words". It is one thing to say what is right and another to DO what is right. Again, going back to being an example, in Alma 39:11-12 Alma is speaking to his son Corianton about how his actions have lead others astray or made them unwilling to receive the gospel. The additional power that comes to those who live what they know is the power of doing miracles. Miraculous things come to pass only to those who are faithful and fully live what they know.
UNIT TWO: Choice 2: Review 2 Corinthians 2:1-11; Matthew 6:14-15; D&C 64: 9-10 Then respond to the following questions:
- What were the people of Corinth commanded to do "if any caused grief"?
- If any caused grief, Paul commanded the people of Corinth to forgive and love the one that has caused the grief or who has done wrong.
- What blessings do we see if we forgive?
- There are many blessings that we receive when we forgive but here are a few that I found and have felt when I have forgiven others:
- We may also be forgiven by the Lord
- We will be stronger against Satan and his influences
- There is a sense of love towards one another
- There is also a sense of a burden being lifted
- What is the danger in failing to forgive?
- Forgiveness is something that I will admit that I struggle with. Sometimes I feel like if I forgive someone who has wronged me, then it is like saying that what they did was acceptable and not bad. I know that this is a faulty belief. There is plenty of danger for us if we fail to forgive. One being that we may not be forgiven by the Lord. It is also easier for us to be led astray by the adversary. I certainly want the Lord to forgive me of my wrongs so even though I struggle, I am continuing to try and not only forgive others, but to love them as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment